As the definitive resource for managed Indian housing, AMERIND recognized a significant need in the Tribal marketplace. The commercial insurance world was not interested in responding to the unique needs of Native American property. In response to that need, we developed the Native American Homeowners and Renters (NAHR) insurance coverage.
NAHR coverage is designed to offer flexible and affordable coverage for the unique needs of our Tribal homeowners and tenants. Coverage is designed to protect your home and personal property in the event of a covered loss. We give you, the homeowner or renter, the option of choosing a coverage plan that fits your needs.
We take a very flexible approach to cover design. You select the coverage based upon your needs. The premium is based upon the limits of the property and coverage options selected.
- Dwelling – The value of your dwelling is based on the cost to replace like and kind.
- Personal Belongings/Contents – This is the value of your personal content. This includes anything that is not physically attached to your dwelling.
- Other Structures – This could include property such as garages, tool sheds, barns, carports, etc.
- Personal Liability – Third-party liability for bodily injury and property damage.
- Valuable Belongings/Contents – Collectible items that have intrinsic value (jewelry, artwork, pottery, ceremonial regalia, etc.)
- Emergency Living Expense – The additional cost of living expenses due to a covered property loss.
- Builder’s Risk – Coverage while your home is under construction or renovation.
Types of homes eligible for coverage:
- Traditional Home
- Stick-built Home
- Adobe Home
- Modular Home
- Modern Home
- Custom-built Home
- Mobile Home
- New Construction
- Under Renovation
- Rental Property
To be eligible, the homeowner or renter must be enrolled in a federally recognized Tribe. The home must also be located on any of these types of land:
- Indian Reservation
- Restricted Land
- Trust Land
- Indian Allotment
Let us provide more detailed information about how our Native American Homeowners & Renters coverage will benefit you. Contact us at (800) 352-3496.
Download and print the 2020 NAHR Rack Card for a summary of coverage.