Rural Community Assistance Corporation (RCAC) has extended the application deadline for the 2022 – 2024 class of the Tribal Housing Excellence Academy (THE Academy). This is a three-year initiative to work with innovative native organizations in the rural west with a goal to increase housing built on native lands.
The application packet, self-assessment forms, FAQ’s and presentation may be found here.
THE Academy brings together NAHASDA grantees, such as TDHEs, Housing Authorities, and housing departments to learn and apply best practices for managing the housing development process. We emphasize leveraging IHBG/NHHBG with other funding not yet widely accessed by native communities.
The Academy combines training with technical assistance to apply lessons directly to your housing project.
If you would like to receive more information and an application, please email: THEAcademy@rcac.org. Please send your name, organization, email address and phone number.
Applicants in rural AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY, ND, SD, MN or WI are eligible.
The Academy includes:
- Six multi-day trainings held over 18 months (in-person if possible, virtual if not)
- Case studies and activities that allow you to apply newly gained knowledge
- Shorter webinars on special topics
- Individualized technical assistance and coaching for three years from RCAC and our consultants, all of whom are experienced in housing development, housing finance and organizational management
Up to seven organizations will be selected to participate in this free program. You will commit to:
- Staff time for two staff to attend all trainings and webinars
- Travel costs for any in-person trainings. Partial scholarships may be available
- Staff time to work on your pre-identified housing project and apply THE Academy lessons, giving you real world experience with the development process
For information about the last offering of THE Academy: